The David Grisman Sextet His nickname "Dawg" was affectionately assigned by his close friend Jerry Garcia in 1973 (the two met in 1964 at a Bill Monroe show at Sunset Park in West Grove, Pennsylvania). "Dawg Music" is what he calls his mixture of bluegrass and Django Reinhardt/Stéphane Grappelli-influenced jazz, as highlighted on his album Hot Dawg . The Sextet includes Jim Kerwin (bass), Matt Eakle (flute and bass flute), George Marsh (drums and percussion), Chad Manning (violin, viola and mandolin) and George Cole (guitar). David's 50+ years of playing, composing, and producing attest to his indomitable creative spirit.
VISIT OUR PARTNERS
- Piedmont Environmental Council Empowering citizens to protect what makes the Piedmont a wonderful place
- Shenandoah Riverkeeper Using community action and enforcement to protect and restore water quality in the Shenandoah Valley for people, fish, and aquatic life.
- Friends of the Shenandoah A volunteer, non-profit, scientific organization dedicated to the preservation and protection of the Shenandoah River and its tributaries.
- The Downstream Project to promote natural resource conservation by stimulating awareness, action and alliances through visual arts and technology.
- Tree and Leaf Tree and Leaf Farm is a sustainable vegetable farm Located in Unionville, Virginia
- Virginia Folklife Program Dedicated to the documentation, presentation, and support of Virginia's rich cultural heritage.
- CLARKE COUNTY HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION Dedicated to preserving the historical resources and records of Clarke County and fostering their use, enjoyment and understanding.
- Wildwood Landscpe Our work is to be practiced with the same care, thought and skill as other fine art forms.
- FAIRBUILT GUITAR COMPANY custom instruments that include guitars, mandolins, bouzoukis, and banjos as well as a full service repair shop.
- NOAA National Ocean Service, NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
SEE ALSO:TWITTER FEED:
Featuring The David Grisman Sextet