2018 Tickets on sale now
Prices below are per person, kids 12 and under are FREE. Camping during event is free. RV reservation holders must purchase festival tickets separately.
Water/Electric Sites and Dry Reserve Sites
Water/Electric Site Pass: SOLD OUT. Includes water and electric service and 2
parking passes. Does NOT include Event Ticket or Early Arrival camping
Dry Reserve: Reserves (1) 25’x45′ Dry campsite in Row G or Quiet
Reserve. Includes 2 parking passes. Does NOT include: Event Ticket,
Early Arrival camping fee, electric or water hookups. Dry Reserve is
intended for patrons who are arriving later in the week and want reserved
camping space. Your exact space will be assigned upon arrival. You are
not required to purchase a Dry Reserve ticket to enter the campground.
Early Arrival Upgrade (per day)
Early Arrival Upgrades are $20 per day. Purchase
this Early Arrival Upgrade ticket in addition to your 3 Day Weekend
Wristband to arrive at the park 1 day early (Thursday). If you wish to
arrive 2 days early (Wednesday) you must purchase 2 Early Arrival
Upgrades. If you wish to arrive 3 days early (Tuesday) you must purchase
3 Early Arrival Upgrades. There is a max of 3 Early Arrival Upgrades per
person. All patrons entering the park early must have a Weekend
Wristband and proper amount of Early Arrival Upgrades. Car and Large
Vehicle Camping Passes sold separately.
Car Camping Pass
This $10 Car Camping Pass allows you to bring one
car or truck into the campground. Please note that this pass does not
include a Water/Electric Site or Dry Reserve spot. Available for Weekend
and Early Arrival Ticket holders only. Single Day ticket holders must park
in the free Day Parking Lot. If you want to bring a vehicle with a trailer or a
motorhome into the campground you must buy the $20 Vehicle w Trailer /
Motorhome Camping Pass.
Large Vehicle Camping Pass
This $20 Large Vehicle Camping pass allows you to
bring a vehicle with a trailer or a motorhome into the campground. Please
note that this pass does NOT include an Water/Electric Site, electric
hookup, water hookup or Dry Reserve spot. Available for Weekend and
Early Arrival Ticket holders only. Single Day ticket holders must park in
the free Day Parking Lot.
A la Carte Music Camp Sessions
Watermelon Park Campground, Berryville, VA
June 26-28, choice of 9:00 am – 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, June 29, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm only.
Join River and Roots Music Camp for individual morning or afternoon sessions to accommodate your schedule. Ideal for those who cannot attend for the full camp. Click Buy Now for more info.
River and Roots Festival Campground Rules updated for 2018.
Updated Feb. 14, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be a guest at Watermelon Park Campground; we are a family oriented environment. Your armband must be worn and visible at all times and shown to staff upon entering and leaving the park. Visibly wearing your armband makes it easy for reentry. Campsites are first come first serve basis. No reserved campsites unless assigned by manager.
With respect for the beautiful Shenandoah River the following
RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED:
1. DO NOT DESTROY HABITAT OR WILDLIFE. Destruction of property is a crime. Virginia fishing license is needed in park and on the river.
2. DO NOT LEAVE ANY WASTE, food, paper, or scraps of any kind on the ground or in the river. This includes cans, glass bottles and bottle caps. We provide trash bags. All trash bags must be taken to the dumpster and do not overfill the bags.
3. NO GLASS BOTTLES of any kind are permitted into the park. If you are seen with glass in the river or on the campground you will be asked to leave immediately.
4. NO AMPLIFIED OR BASS MUSIC IS ALLOWED. Any music being played must be between 7:00AM and 11:00PM. Music must be kept low enough to not be heard in adjacent campsite.
5. All pets are discouraged. By purchasing an event ticket pet owners acknowledge that they are completely and legally responsible for the care and behavior of they’re pets.
Only official service animals will be allowed in the performance area. All pets must be well behaved, kept on a leash, be kept quiet, provided food & water, and have their waste cleaned up by their handler. All pets and service animals must be declared at the gate and will if needed be given a tag with the owners name and phone number written on it.
Watermelon Park Campground reserves the right to refuse service to Pets and their owners for not complying with these rules.
6. NO SPEEDING. No reckless or foolish driving is allowed. Drivers have to have licenses and can be asked by staff to show their license if needed. Children are around and the speed limit is 10mph or less.
7. NO OTHER MOTOR VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED in the park… this includes driving carts, scooters, off road 4 wheelers, mopeds, golf carts and dirt bikes. Staff vehicles excluded.
8. NO PORTABLE OR PRIVATE TOILETS ALLOWED. Bathrooms and portable toilets are provided and should be respected and maintained clean and neat. Do not put trash, cans, bottles, diapers, or debris in them.
9. DO NOT TAKE UP TENT SPACE WITH VEHICLE. Vehicles, cars and trucks must be parked off rivers edge between road and campsite.
10. QUIET TIME STARTS AT MIDNIGHT. No loud noises are allowed. Music devices must be turned off, please respect neighboring campers.
11. NO PROFANITY or loud, inappropriate, rude, angry, aggressive behavior. You will be asked to leave the park if you or your party cannot control themselves.
12. NO NEW CAMPFIRES can be built in the grass. Campfire sites are designated by a rock-lined fireplace that has already been made and used. Metal fire pits and grills are permitted as long as you do not burn the area being used.
13. For the safety of our guests, daytime generator use will only be permitted in Dry Reserve areas.
14. NO FIREARMS or BB guns, air rifles or harmful projectile launched weapons are allowed in park. Law enforcement and license conceal carry must declare at the front gate to security and manager.
HAVE A RESPECT FOR STAFF, PARK AND RIVER.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!